→ If you have been issued with a registration code, please click here to access the online prescriptions website.
We anticipate that this will be a popular service with our patients, and we will appreciate your patience whilst we ensure that the service is fit for wider roll-out.
Timescales for repeat medication
|Prescription requested before 12pm on…||Medication available after 2pm on…|
We are finding that an increasing number of drugs are suddenly unavailable . When this occurs, your GP needs to make alternative arrangements in conjunction with the pharmacist: this can take longer to sort out. This issue has attracted increasing concern nationally – see this link to more information. We apologise in advance if this causes any inconvenience.
Dispensing from the practice enables certain patients to collect their medication from one of our surgeries, when the journey time to a pharmacy would be prohibitive (generally this is accepted to be greater than a mile away). This also provides the practice with profit which is then used to help cover the additional costs seen in rural practice, including operating branch surgeries.
⇒ Patients who collect from a Community Pharmacy (Brodick/Lamlash/Whiting Bay)
- leave your repeat order slip at your nearest pharmacy or surgery
- alternatively you can phone your order to 01770 600 516
- your medication should then be available at your local pharmacy in the timescale above
⇒ Patients who collect from an AMG surgery
- leave your repeat order form at any AMG surgery
- alternatively you can phone the dedicated dispensing line on 01770 860 528 – this is an answer machine so you may leave a message at any time.
- please include details of where you wish to collect your repeat medication, allowing at least the duration specified above
- you can collect your prescription during opening hours at Shiskine or Brodick surgeries, or at the following branch surgeries:
- Lochranza Surgery: Wednesday 10:45 – 11.30am (other collections times are available)
- Pirnmill Village Hall (behind the primary school): Wednesday 10:15am
- Corrie Village Hall: Wednesday 12:00pm
Patients on repeat medication are asked to see a doctor or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications. Notification of this should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.